- Quito-Cuenca Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Cusco-“Navel of the Universe”
- Mystical ‘Lost city of the Incas”
- Magnificent Andes crossing
- The amazing Colca Canyon
- Islands of Lake Titicaca
- Colourful and bustling La Paz
- Stunning and vibrant Rio de Janeiro
- Breathtaking Iguacu Falls
- Elegant and sophisticated Buenos Aires
This kaleidoscope of South America is unbeatable for value, offering you the very best of this diverse continent.
Begin your adventure of discovery in Quito, with the opportunity to visit the unique Galapagos Islands on the El Grande Tour. Visit the land of the Otavalo Indians, then a delightful overland journey to Cuenca including the famous “Devils Nose Railway”.
Fly to Lima in Peru - City of Kings. Here you have an afternoon to browse through the world famous Gold Museum before heading overland along the coast to Paracas and then the mysterious Nasca Lines. Travel on to the white city of Arequipa and a spectacular journey into the Colca Canyon, home of the mighty Condor.
You'll arrive in the Andes and Cusco - the red-tiled capital of the Inca Empire, spending two days exploring the famous and mystical citadel. Cusco is the Heart of the Inca Empire, city of terracotta roofs and cobblestone streets. Here you can marvel at the precise Inca stone architecture and surrounding Inca ruins or discover the magical Sacred Valley – fabulous Chinchero Indian market. From here the magical ruins of Machu Picchu await you! We guarantee this will be a moment you will never forget .
Next the journey takes you to Lake Titicaca, lying at nearly 4000 metres above sea level, the largest lake in South America. You'll travel across the lake and the stark Altiplano, enjoying spectacular scenery and dramatic landscapes all the way to colourful bustling La Paz, where traditional culture still shares the streets with glass towers and the traffic of life in the new millennium.
Post-La Paz, we will enjoy the stunning and vibrant Rio de Janeiro. With spectacular views from the Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer statue, plus time to watch people on the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. From Rio you'll fly into the heart of South America, to Iguacu Falls. 275 cascades falling in a wild array of spray over a winding 3km cliff face into the gorge 60 metres below! A sight to see before we end the tour in stylish Buenos Aires.
- ALL travel as per itinerary – buses, boats, flights, transfers, and taxis
- ALL transfers as per itinerary
- ALL accommodation twin share with private facilities in comfortable 3 star hotels
- ALL entrance fees and sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Breakfasts daily, 5 Lunches & 4 Dinners
- Services of Professional Tour Manager (subject to a minimum of 6 people travelling)
- Services of local English speaking guides
- Meals not specified as above. It is necessary to allow USD$35-45 per day to cover this.
- Visa fees
- Medical expenses.
- Tips & gratuities (allow US$250)
- Optional sightseeing and personal expenses
1. Visas are not necessary for New Zealand passport holders.
All costs are subject to airline increases.