South America El Grande Guided Tour (42 Days)
Individual Departures: Thursdays
5 Countries: Ecuador - Peru – Bolivia – Brazil - Argentina
- Visit Galapagos Islands
- Quito-Cuenca Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Cusco-“Navel of the Universe”
- Mystical ‘Lost City of the Incas”
- Magnificent Andes crossing
- The amazing Colca Canyon
- Islands of Lake Titicaca
- Colourful and bustling La Paz
- Stunning and vibrant Rio de Janeiro
- Breathtaking Iguacu Falls
- Elegant and sophisticated Buenos Aires
This kaleidoscope of South America is unbeatable for value, offering you the very best of this diverse continent.
Quito - Buenos Aires
You will begin your adventure of discovery in Quito. Here the tour kicks off with the opportunity to visit the unique Galapagos Islands on the El Grande Tour.
Visit the land of the Otavalo Indians, then a delightful overland journey to Cuenca including the famous “Devils Nose Railway”. Fly to Lima Peru - City of Kings. Here you have an afternoon to browse through the world famous Gold Museum. Next travel overland along the coast to Paracas then the mysterious Nasca Lines. Then on to the white city of Arequipa and a spectacular journey into the Colca Canyon, home of the mighty Condor.
When arriving in the Andes and Cusco the red-tiled capital of the Inca Empire, spend two days exploring the famous and mystical citadel. Cusco is the Heart of the Inca Empire, city of terracotta roofs and cobblestone streets. Marvel at the precise Inca stone architecture and surrounding Inca ruins. Discover the magical Sacred Valley – fabulous Chinchero Indian market. From here the magical ruins of Machu Picchu await you! We guarantee this will be a moment you will never forget.
Your journey continues on to Lake Titicaca, which lies at nearly 4000 metres above sea level, and is the largest lake in South America. You'll travel across the lake and the stark Altiplano enjoying spectacular scenery and dramatic landscapes all the way to colourful bustling city of La Paz where traditional culture still shares the streets with glass towers and the traffic of life in the new millennium.
Next is the scenes of the stunning and vibrant Rio de Janeiro. Spectacular views from the Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer statue, plus time to watch people on the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches.
Then into the heart of South America to Iguacu Falls, 275 cascades falling in a wild array of spray over a winding 3km cliff face into the gorge 60 metres below!
Finally enjoy the sophistication of stylish Buenos Aires before flying home.
- ALL travel as per itinerary – buses, boats, flights, transfers, and taxis.
- ALL transfers as per itinerary.
- ALL accommodation twin share with private facilities in comfortable 4 star hotels.
- ALL entrance fees and sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary.
- Breakfasts daily, 5 Lunches & 4 Dinners.
- Services of Professional Tour Manager (subject to a minimum of 6 people travelling).
- Services of local English speaking guides & Naturalist guide in Galapagos.
- Airfares Quito/Galapagos return, Galapagos Cruise with all meals & shore excursions.
- Airfares Quito-Lima & La Paz - Rio-Iguassu - Buenos Aires.
- Meals not specified above. It is necessary to allow USD$35-45 per day to cover this.
- Visa fees.
- Medical expenses.
- Tips & airport taxes (allow US$340).
- Optional sightseeing and personal expenses.
- Galapagos Park entrance fee of US$100 which must be paid in US cash on arrival.
- All flights are with economy scheduled airlines, Lan Chile, Lan Peru, TAM, Lan Argentina.
- All flights are booked by Latin Link - all LAN flights are eligible for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points
Please note these costs only apply if travelling internationally to/from South America on LAN Airlines. Should you wish to fly with Air New Zealand a surcharge of NZ$540 would apply.
1. Visas are not necessary for New Zealand passport holders
2. Yellow Certificate required / Malarials not required
All costs are subject to airline increases and currency fluctuations.